WHY CHOOSE THE PRIORY?
We are all very proud of all our pupils and staff here at The Priory.
We do feel The Priory is a unique primary school and provides a special family environment for all who join us.
Here are some of the many reasons as to why you should choose The Priory:
- A welcoming, nurturing, family and Christian environment, where we prioritise the feeling of being safe, happy and positive about learning, encouraging confidence, a 'have a go' attitude and independence.
- Promoting personal well-being and learning to love and care for ourselves and others.
- The school environment is very traditional – a Victorian building, walls covered in interesting and interactive displays, large spaces between classrooms for extra learning opportunities.
- The school grounds are large and varied compared with many city based schools. We have a large playground with an outdoor theatre, climbing wall, tennis and basketball courts, walled football pitch and a newly built climbing frame. In our field we have a large trim trail and are currently planning a new woodland area. Finally we have an award-winning wildlife area where children have the opportunity to grow their own fruits and vegetables and study wildlife and nature.
- Well-resourced classrooms with interactive whiteboards, lovely displays and quiet prayer areas for reflection.
- Before-school and after-school wrap around care (from 7.45am to 6pm).
- An involved parent association – FOPSA, who run social events throughout the year including a fireworks show, the summer fair and quizzes.
- An inspiring and broad curriculum to equip children with the skills they need for life in the modern world. Each topic has a ‘Knowledge Organiser’ to inform parents of all the essential knowledge and skills children need to learn.
- A focus on pupil well-being including promoting the ‘Growth Mindset’ and having a weekly ‘Well-being Afternoon’ which includes all KS1 and KS2 classes following the ‘Jigsaw’ Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) programme and sessions on critical thinking and curriculum extension.
- Professional support from ‘Jigsaw 4U’ and Targeted Mental Health in Schools for children and parents who require help for a range of circumstances.
- Children have the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities such as House Captains, Sports Captains and being members of our Faith Team.
- A range of after-school and extra-curricular clubs from cooking and drama to fencing and judo.